Thursday, January 19, 2012

Mascarpone and Chocolate Stuffed French Toast

I have had this recipe in one of my recipe binders (what I had before the internet file sites like Pinterest) for few years. I found it and thought I would start trying some of the “need to try” recipes I had taken the time to cut or rip out.  I am not sure where this one came from to give the credit, but it was quite good.
I thought this called for too much chocolate chips originally, so I cut it back…..I was incorrect…stay with the suggested amount!

Mascarpone and Chocolate Stuffed French Toast

¼ cup granulated sugar
½ cup sour cream
1 cup mascarpone cheese
12 slices of brioche, 1” -2” thick
12 oz semisweet chocolate chips
8 tablespoons butter
4 eggs
Fresh fruit of your choice (I used blackberries, strawberries, and bananas)

In a medium mixing bowl combine: mascarpone, sour cream, and granulated sugar. Half each piece of bread, make a split down the middle and fill with the mixture and about 2 tablespoons chocolate chips.
Heat a large griddle over medium heat, melt enough butter to coat the pan. Soak the stuffed toast in the beaten eggs, each side. Saute until each side is golden brown.
Wash and cut the fruit of your choice and display with the French toast.

No comments:

Post a Comment